Monday, November 21, 2011

Champing at the Bits: Computers, Copyright, and the Composition Classroom

Sidler, Michelle, Elizabeth O. Smith, and Richard Morris. Computers in the Composition Classroom: a Critical Sourcebook. Boston: Bedford/St. Martins, 2008. Print.

In this chapter, John Logie does a great job of explaining copyright law through the ages. Check out a TimeRime I made of this chapter:


I liked this chapter because it kind of explains the evolution of copyright law, and why it's necessary.

What confuses me about this principle is the concept of plagiarism and copyright infringement in general. I've always thought that the idea of plagiarism is academic. With copyright, the problem comes from a problem of monetary attribution going to the correct person. What, then, is the huge issue in the composition classroom with copyright law?

I'd like to know more about copyright cases through the ages. Have they become more severe? Less severe?

No comments:

Post a Comment