Thursday, September 1, 2011

My time with Popplet...

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for checking out my first blog. This week, I decided to use Popplet, and although I had never heard of it or used it before, I thought it was pretty fun. Popplet enabled to me to essentially make an infinite bubble map of my notes. This was something I had never even considered when notetaking before, but it makes sense-- and is much easier to scan over than pages and pages of handwritten notes. Popplet was very easy to learn, because there was a handy tutorial in the corner when I first logged in. This tutorial showed me exactly what to do, and I made my popplet map with ease. This would be a great tool for students to use with group collaboration. It's a way to take notes without having any one bit of information overshadow another, and is a great way to stay organized. How could you get off track when all your information is right there in front of you in handy bubbles, organized by category?

I really enjoyed Popplet-- It has a friendly, easy-to-use vibe that I really appreciated, and that I am sure students at every level would also appreciate. Be sure to check out chapter 1 of Brain Rules for yourself! Very interesting stuff...


My First Popplet!

1 comment:

  1. I liked that Popplet allowed you to easily connect notes from the Intro and Chapter 1. I'm surprised you didn't play more with color, images, etc.

    ReplyDelete