Friday, October 7, 2011

Brain Rules Ch 6: Remember to Repeat

This week, I used ZooBurst to do my Brain Rules notetaking challenge. I think ZooBurst is a great technology. It takes the whole concept of associating images with ideas to a new level. Associating images with text really helps me remember the material, and I love the cool pop-up book format. It's colorful, fun, easy-to-use, and allows for easy manipulation of text.

Brain Rules Chapter 6 is all about remembering to repeat information, so that it sticks in your long-term memory. I thought this chapter was super interesting, because it reminded me of the fact that repeating things really does help you remember them in the long run, and it's important to remember this critical step in the learning process. This chapter also made me realize that we need to make students take this step in their learning, and repeat info at regular intervals-- not just expect them to do the majority of their learning at home.

1 comment:

  1. What got me interesting w/playing with ZooBurst more (someday!!) is the timeline. That you could control the order things popped up!

    ReplyDelete